About Ever Bilena Cosmetics, Inc. (EBCI)
Established in late 1983 as a single proprietorship by Dioceldo Sy, EBCI launched its first line of product - "Ever Bilena" Nail Polish. Despite the difficult business climate brought by the Aquino-Galman assassinations, Ever Bilena was an instant success.
By 1985, Ever Bilena has grown into a full cosmetic line with more than 200 beauty consultants in every department store nationwide. The company also has established exclusive distributorships in the Visayas and Mindanao regions. With more than 1000 cosmetic products in the market today, Ever Bilena is now a household name for quality and affordable cosmetics. The company has gone a long way as Ever Bilena actively participates in various activities such as sponsoring national and local beauty pageants nationwide. EBCI has also participated in other competitions and has won major awards.
It was also in 1985 that EBCI started supplying to other local companies with cosmetic base ingredients. EBCI was experiencing monumental peso sales growth of up to 200% yearly. Since then, EBCI has continued to grow in both volume and peso sales value.
By mid-1994, the proliferation of direct selling companies led to market saturation of beauty products. Ever Bilena has reached its maximum potential and there was a need to expand to other businesses. It was also in this year that Mr. Sy met the "Wings" group of Indonesia and further talks led Mr. Sy to realize that affordable cleaning products with superior quality can be supplied to the public. They formed a new company, DSS Productmakers, Inc. The new company would concentrate on trading, promoting and selling of quality, affordable cleaning products.
In 1997 when the world’s economy was at its worst, Ever Bilena was able to survive this difficult time by redesigning more efficient plastic packaging materials to continue maintaining the price. This made the brand even stronger considering that consumers who used to patronize expensive American brands now realized that Ever Bilena can offer just about the same quality but at 1/3 of the price they were used to paying. Furthermore, a lot of cosmetic companies were pulling out from department stores outside of Manila , while Ever Bilena remained an ever loyal business partner of many stores with a commitment to Filipinos to continuously supply affordable cosmetics.
2002 was a breakout year for EBCI due to the massive training of its sales staff a year earlier. The outmost effect of this was felt in 2005 since the formal training was supplemented by the constant achievement of the annual sales target of the company. New sources and more dynamic products are in line to provide the Filipino people with better choices of cosmetic products.
We shall lead our industries in the creation, marketing and distribution of brands that are pioneering and of high quality but value-priced for the Filipino consumers.
To develop key people to continually strengthen our distribution base. We intend to do this by:
- Updating and investing in logistics, information technology and personnel;
- Inculcating team spirit;
- Maintaining high standards of customer service levels;
- Instituting our core competencies;
- Appropriating adequate human resource development projects
And through these, we are able to bring out the best in our people to best represent our business partners and to be the model for distribution in the Philippine market.
- Faith in a Supreme Being wherein values are benchmarked against Godliness and fired up with the conviction that there is everything to gain and nothing to lose.
- A sense of oneness with God which gives birth to Compassion, Teamwork, Humility, Selflessness and which inspires the conscious striving for balance amongst work, family, social responsibilities and spirituality.
- "Katapatan o Karangalan"
- Commitment to Godly morals which earns trust and honor.
- Giving proper consideration and due regard to the personhood, contributions, aspirations of people and organizations we engage with as God’s creations, regardless of status, level and age.
- A focused drive to maximize the use of God’s resources which augurs a strong sense of discipline, persistence, boldness and creativity.
Core values are the guiding principles of the company.
Our Core Values are what or how we would want others to describe the company and its people.